Saturday, September 12, 2009

In this economy

Today as we drove home from Super Target there were firemen raising money for a charity. They were at a stoplight with their boots and we gave them some change. Declan found this interesting. Later on he was playing firefighter and said they raising funds. He had his fire hat on (only that, it was a naked day) and was holding out another fire hat for donations. He explained to me that all the firefighters had to take a pay cut and they needed money to keep fighting fires. I, of course, donated to their cause...they only had $1.01. We have told him about people losing their jobs, me taking a pay cut, etc. It is amazing how they work it all into play! Thankfully I think they raised enough money to keep working!

1 comment:

John K said...

Nice T-shirts. I have one like it. They were well in Boston, in the mountains, on rivers and at Holden Beach.