Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wednesday and Thursday


Well, these two days were spent mostly as Tuesday afternoon was. Calling and emailing. I learned my way around the CHSFS-Ethiopia office building, became friends with the secretaries, and learned what it is like to climb 5 flights of stairs while at altitude (the CHSFS lawyer informed me while we were on the elevator that she had once been trapped for 3 hours). Neither of us remember to much about either of these days. I slept but eating was not in my gameplan.

When the time came for the rest of our group to leave on Thursday, it was definitely hard. One of the families was on an earlier flight than the rest so we saw them off with tears in my eyes. In one way I am thankful that we headed off to email and call instead of seeing the rest of them off. I think I would have lost it. At that point, we had no idea how long we would be in Ethiopia and not leaving with everyone else was devastating. We changed our flight that night to the next day, being extremely hopeful that it would work out. Especially since it cost us a thousand dollars!

When we arrived back at the guest house in the evening, Terefech looked for everyone everywhere. It was hard to explain but she seemed to understand although would continue to say their names over and over.

No comments: