Monday, March 7, 2011

Calling all princesses....

We have loved Amazing Grace and Boundless Grace by Mary Hoffman.  I wasn't so sure about Princess Grace.  I had not previewed it but my chances of not getting it were slim when Terefech knew the title at the library.  We got home and she was eager to read.  It starts with Grace wanting to be a princess, the pink, fluffy, frilly kind like in all the fairytales she reads.  But the story takes a great turn and focuses on other kinds of princesses out there.  They could have spent more time on those kind of princesses but the point is made and I loved it.  Princesses are warriors and leaders and athletes and spy and basically anything they want to be.  Check out the book for the princess in your life!  All right that sounded like an ad for the book but I really liked it.  I really don't like all this bubble gum pink stuff.  It is soooo drippy!  I was happy to find something that showed a princess in a different light!

No comments: