Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Positive Protest Post-Orphan the Movie

Some of you may have noticed the new Orphan movie ads on TV. The movie has not been well received by the adoption community and many others. A suggestion was made to defend the cause of the orphan by putting the truth on display. Here is my truth...

Warner Bros. new horror movie Orphan proclaims that it must be hard to love an adopted child as much as your own. Let me tell you about how an orphan changed my life...I am not sure how I can describe this. We haven't even gotten a referral and are nowhere near close. But somehow I am different already because of this experience. My eyes have been opened to a world I never really knew anything about. There are millions and millions and millions of orphans in this world, children living in orphanages, on the streets, everywhere, in every country. And I need to help. Not just want to, but need to. I hope I don't just stop at adopting one child, but that I can do more, help more. I am not eloquent enough to describe how I feel about this whole experience. I do know that this is the beginning of a new part of our lives...I am in love with a child I don't even know.

Check out www.tomdavis.typepad.com to find out more about the Positive Protest Posts.

1 comment:

Jill said...

What a wonderful idea to pass on positive words stemming from this horrible movie. I will pass it along to my other adoption friends.