Friday, April 8, 2011

Progress

Terefech has done so well since she became part of our family.  I often don't talk about it because it has gone so well.  I know for others, it hasn't and things are hard.  Today was a day when I saw something that showed how even though we haven't seen her struggle, she has changed.  For many months, she would give up anything to Declan and often to other children.  At first he would ask, then when that stopped working, he would protest and it continued intensify.  Today as he dramatically asked for the tricycle at his grandparents house by throwing himself on the ground and saying how he couldn't ride the tractor any longer Terefech said, "You'll have to wait.  I'm not done."  When he said he just wanted to ride something else she happily rode up to the house, put his scooter on the back of the trike and rode it to him.  Not exactly what he wanted but happy to see her own the bike!  It is great to see her confidence in herself grow which in my mind shows her confidence in us as her family.  

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I am so glad that I met you last week. I love the pictures!